Our service delivery empowers individuals to
self-manage long-term (chronic) conditions,
improving health outcomes.
Balancing medical management and self-management is key to wellbeing in long-term conditions. It means taking control through informed choices and behaviours that achieve positive results.
Specialised support is required to guide and support an individual where their condition is long term and nb&a group have consultants accredited to deliver the Flinders Chronic Condition Management Program (The Flinders Program™). The program will:
- improve the partnership between an individual and their health professional(s)
- identify problems and target interventions
- motivate to create sustained behaviour change
- allow measurement over time and tracks change.
This service is offered as a standalone program or integrated into a return to work service.
Better Choices, Better Health® Workshop
This six-week group program supports individuals impacted by long-term health conditions to take control and put themselves first and to restore and maintain wellness.
Facilitated by trained leaders with long-term health conditions, the program is based on the Stanford University Self-Management Program and is supported by Flinders University.
Topics covered include:
- talking to family, friends and health professionals
- exercise and nutrition
- managing symptoms and your day-to-day activities
- tactics to manage frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- medications and evaluating treatment
- reaching goals with small steps and decision-making
- mutual support and shared experiences.
What people are saying
‘The tools I learned in the course have enabled me to work more effectively with a psychologist that my GP has referred me to. I cannot believe the changes in myself and I am so grateful to you both [the trainers] for helping me along my journey and continuing to help me with further support.’
‘Keep up the good work. This course has helped me face things I would never have thought of. Well done.’
Contact us today to discuss your specific objectives and requirements.